Post by Admin on Jun 5, 2018 9:46:37 GMT -5
What is citizenship?
Citizenship allows any resident to participate in civic activities such as voting in elections and running for office. Citizenship also grants the beholder certain rights and privileges outlined in the Constitution
What are the requirements of citizenship?
Since the immigration policy of the Union is not controlled legislatively and is instead the responsibility of the Ministry of the Census, the requirements of citizenship are decided by the President and the Minister of the Census. The current requirements for citizenship are:
- Residents seeking citizenship must not have an alarming criminal record which would suggest a plan to harm the Union.
- Residents seeking citizenship must be dedicated to the Union of Democratic States and they must subscribe to regional values.
- Residents seeking citizenship should have their forum profiled completed. Completion requires you to have your nation name and discord username filled out and updated regularly. 3
- Residents must maintain an active nation in the region and not CTE (cease to exist).
What are the rights of citizenship?
The rights of citizens are outlined in the constitution. The citizens are guaranteed the following rights:
- The freedom of speech, press, assembly, and petition.
- The right to due process and a speedy, fair trial.
- The right to run for and hold office.
- The right to vote in the elections of the Union.
- The right to vote in the General Assembly
Do you feel ready for citizenship? Once you are ready, create a citizenship thread and fill out this form:
[b]<Insert Name Here>’s Citizenship Application[/b]
[b]What is the name of your main nation? [/b]
[b]What is the name of your nation inside The Union of Democratic States?[/b]
[b]What are other names or aliases that you are known by?[/b]
[b]What other regions or organizations are you currently involved in?[/b]
[b]What other regions or organizations have you been involved with in the past?[/b]
[b]Have you broken any laws within any other region?[/b] Explain.
[b]Do you have any prior experience playing NationStates?[/b]
[b]Do you have a discord? If so, please put your full discord username. e.g: Alucard#1137[b]
[b]How did you hear about The Union of Democratic States?[/b]
[b]How long has your nation been in The Union of Democratic States?[/b]
[b]"I, [nation], do solemnly swear that I bear true allegiance to the Union of Democratic States, that I will faithfully obey and have read the laws and Constitution of the Union, and that I will never deceive, disrespect, damage, or otherwise neglect the Union of Democratic States."[/b]
[b]Tell us a little about you:[/b] Feel free to introduce yourself in your thread!
Minister of the Census